GForge 5.7 was released on April 20th and it sports several fixes and new features. Some of the most interesting are:
- Item tagging is present throughout the system, and you can now search for items by tags.
- Tabs administration: you can specify which tabs will be shown in trackers, documents and forums.
- A project’s source code can be indexed using doxygen, and you can search for keywords in the source code. This is integrated within the regular search interface.
- Captchas to prevent automatic account creation and forum posts (optional).
- New serial type field in tracker.
- Quick jump menu implemented in AJAX to increase performance.
- New translation for Brazilian portuguese and updated translations for French, German and Italian.
- Support for nss-pgsql. This allows for automatic updating of user permissions instead of relying on a cronjob.
- Full git plugin installed by default.
You can download GForge 5.7 from the download page.