GForge Group is looking for a part-time college intern to provide first and second-level technical support to our customers. Come and join a world-class company that supports thousands of project teams around the world.
What we’re looking for:
- Work from home 12-20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Initial term will be through the end of the spring semester with an option to be extended through the summer.
- We’re pretty flexible on schedule, as long as the results are right.
- A moderate amount of knowledge in Linux/Web systems administration. Stuff like:
- Linux basics (ps, grep/find, sed/awk, top, iostat, etc.)
- Package mgmt (e.g., yum, apt-get, rpm, etc.)
- Scripting (bash, php)
- Apache httpd setup and config (conf files, modules, etc)
- Version control tools like CVS, SVN, Git.
- Bonus points for SQL and Postgres!
- Programming experience preferred (PHP, Python)
- Great customer service attitude. Especially when they might have done it to themselves.
- Last and most important: willingness to learn a lot of cool stuff, and share what you know every day.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Make customers really happy by fixing their problems.
- Research issues that don’t have an easy answer.
- Willingness to dig into code to possibly give a better bug report to our engineering team.
- Work from wherever you like, but be productive and respond quickly during working hours.
- Lean on other GForge staff and share knowledge whenever possible.
- Stay in the loop – email is a given. We also camp out together in chat all day and have an informal daily standup, usually on Google Hangouts.
- Document solutions that can be re-used.
- Depending on how busy things are, we may even ask you to help test out new features and bug fixtures.
This sounds amazing! Where do I sign?
Whoa, hang on tiger. Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include stuff like your name. Make sure we’ll understand how awesome you are. We will interview you and a few other people (just to make it look fair), and go from there.