Today we are happy to announce the immediate availability of GForge Advanced Server v6.3.1. This is primarily a bugfix release and the highlights include fixes for the Support Tracker feature and some minor security enhancements.
Support Tracker Fixes
If you haven’t already tried out the Support feature in GForge AS 6.3, you definitely should. Here are a few key fixes and enhancements to that feature:
- [#15070] Support tracker: Member group not set properly.
- [#15071] Support tracker: skip first notification after the TI is submitted and set the timestamp
- [#15134] Support group and assignee lost. Suspecting cron15.php
- [#15151] Support tracker: autoclose sets close date correctly but it’s not visible in browse or TI pages.
- [#15433] Filter “Out Of Office” replies (and similar automated messages) from creating support requests in GForge
There are also a few other improvements that warrant a quick mention:
- [#11848] Mass Delete broken
- [#19112] Navigating wiki versions doesn’t quite work right.
- [#19246] License Tracker – Valid user gets access denied
- [#19258] Docman allows uploading of HTML files which can have spam possibly JS making it possible CSRF vuln
- [#19388] My Account > Disable Account not working
- [#19221] When parsing files filesystem_index cronjob could trigger a tracker item notification
- [#11830] Fix xss vulnerability in tracker item edit screen
- [#19331] Sanitize paginator parameters
- [#19847] MAG: change default database name to “gforge” instead of “gforge5”
- [#19649] upgrade_gforge – Unused plugins cause confusing output
For full details, please have a look at the Complete GForge v6.3.1 ChangeLog