The GForge Group has two open contract position for PHP developers to help with improving GForge Advanced Server and providing customizations for our customers. This position is expected to last approximately 3 months. All submissions received at email@example.com on or before June 20th, 2014 will be considered.
What We are Looking For
- Work from your home or office. Iowans will get an extra look but we are open to candidates living elsewhere in the United States or abroad. The only real requirement we have is candidates must write and speak English well.
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix system administration including Apache+PHP installation and configuration, scripting (bash, etc) and package management.
- Open Source Advocate. Most of the software we work with is based on open source technologies. We want candidates familiar with using open source development tools and prefer people who are or have contributed to open source projects.
- Someone who embraces teamwork and can keep up in a face-paced environment. Must be able to stay focused, yet knows when to ask questions.
- Work will include roughly 70% backend PHP development and 30% frontend work.
- Perform code reviews (pull requests).
- Attend weekly, online sprint planning meetings (Mondays).
- Attend daily, online stand-up meetings.
- While we expect you to be working roughly 8am – 5pm CST, Monday-Friday we can be a bit flexible.
Warning to Consulting Shops
This isn’t our first rodeo. We are looking for a first-round draft pick so help us by not wasting our time with junior level candidates. Please send us no more than two candidates from your company. We have a long memory so we will remember who sent us serious contenders and we will definitely factor that in on future opportunities.