Today we are happy to announce the immediate availability of GForge Advanced Server v6.4.1. This is a bug fix release that also includes minor enhancements.
New Features in GForge v6.4.1
- Docman – We made a few updates to Docman in 6.4.1 including the ability to mass upload documents by uploading a single, compressed file (.zip, .tar, .tgz, .etc). You can also quickly restore a prior version of a file to the newest version while retaining the complete version history. Finally we’ve added better logging, particularly when files and folders are deleted so administrators can identify what was deleted and who deleted them.
- Tracker – Project administrators can now manually add and remove user or user groups from monitoring a Tracker or Tracker Items. Also any custom tracker fields can now be added to the “Quick Filter” when browsing Tracker Items.
- Project Templates – Before 6.4.1 you could configure GForge to auto approve projects. We’ve now added a better level of control by allowing site administrators to configure which project templates require projects to be explicitly approved or which templates can employ the use of auto approve.
- Debian – We now support Debian “Jessie” in addition to the latest versions of CentOS and RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Discussions – Images added to discussions in the “forum” view are now rendered in-line just as they are in “chat” view.
- SSO & LDAP– We’ve streamlined the user experience for customers using SSO and LDAP
The Gory Details
GForge v6.4.1 includes a number of bug fixes and security updates. For the full details of this release, please have a look at the Complete GForge v6.4.1 ChangeLog