Last week we rolled out a preview of Git support for GForgeNEXT and we are excited to share the first few working screenshots. Before that, let’s run down the set of Git features supported in GForgeNext:
- Access Git via HTTPS or SSH
- Associate tickets to Git commits via commit messages.
- Change the status of tickets via commit messages.
- Web-based browsing of a Git repository.
- Browse commits and view both in-line and side-by-side diffs.
Before we get to the screenshots of the Git related pages in GForgeNext, we invite you to participate in the GForgeNext Beta Program. Finally, please read on if you are interested in additional Git related features on our development road map.
If you like what you see above, check out these additional Git featured planned for GForgeNext:
- Merge Requests – Request and perform peer code reviews right in GForge complete with annotations.
- Better Diffs – Select two different commits and view the diff (inline and side-by-side).
- Chat Integration – Chat will render Git commit hashes pasted into chat giving the user a summary of the commit (e.g. who, when, number of files, number of inserts/deletions) as well as allowing the user to click the commit hash to open up the Git diff viewer.
Again, if you would like to begin working with the features we already you can sign up for the GForgeNext Beta Program.