We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of GForge 20.1. This is largely a bug fix release with a handful of new features.
Highlights in GForge 20.1
- CloudForge Migration – With CloudForge shutting down on October 1st, you can now import CloudForge/TeamForge projects into next.gforge.com.
- Thumbnail Generation – Office documents, PDFs and image files will have thumbnail images generated in tickets and in the document manager.
- Workflow Locking – You can now lock tickets as part of a workflow transition.
- Wiki Locks – You can now lock wiki pages.
- Ticket Comments – You can now edit or delete your own comments on tickets.
- WYSIWYG – Editor now elegantly handles content pasted from other sources (PDFs, websites, etc).
- CVS – GForgeNext has added support for CVS to compliment the existing support for Subversion (SVN) and Git.
The 20.1 ChangeLog will help you understand the changes you can expect.
Just a reminder for customers still running GForge Advanced Server (v6.4.5 and prior) we are planning on officially dropping support in October of 2020. Please feel free to reach out to us for a free consultation on the planning and upgrade paths.