We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of GForge 20.2. This is largely a bug fix release with a handful of new features.
Highlights in GForge 20.2
- Large File Uploads – GForge now implements chunked uploading which allows you to upload files in up to gigabytes in size, if desired. This has been implemented anywhere file uploads are allowed but specifically for Docs, attachments to tickets, releases and for importing SVN dump files. (Note: there are a few settings you must set to achieve this).
- Docs – You can now upload and an extract a zip. This is great for moving a large number of files.
- French Translation – 20.2 now support French in addition to English and Spanish.
- Organizations – There have been a large number of improvements to organizations. Key changes include:
- Organization homepage gets a facelift which includes showing all the projects in the org and GForge shows how many users in your organization and the disk usage across all projects.
- You can create a project from the organization homepage which ensures the project is properly related to the org.
- WYSIWYG – Now uses local storage to help prevent loss of edits.
- PostgreSQL 13 – GForge now support PostgreSQL 13. The upgrade process will give you the option of making the switch or staying with PostgreSQL 9.
- DevOps – A number of important improvements to the GForge environment have been made to improve overall availability. These changes will be transparent to you but if you contact us we’d be happy to share them.
The 20.2 ChangeLog will help you understand the changes you can expect.
Just a reminder for customers still running GForge Advanced Server (v6.4.5 and prior) we have officially dropped support as of October of 2020. We will still answer any support questions about older releases but we will not be providing any future code updates or patches. Please feel free to reach out to us for a free consultation on the planning and upgrade paths.