NOTE: This article was originally published Computerworld
Major collaboration and video conferencing software vendors are now offering products to users for free in response to the spread of the coronavirus.
Concerns about the COVID-19 virus have led to a worldwide boom in remote working, as organizations encourage or require employees to stay home and cities, states and even some countries go on lockdown.
While many companies have seen their stock prices take a battering due to disruption caused by the virus, some software vendors that enable remote work, such as videoconferencing software provider Zoom, have seen their share value climb dramatically.
NOTE: This post was originally published on Engineering 360, An IEEE GlobalSpec publication. View the original article here.
GForge is helping businesses adapt to the coronavirus threat by making it easier to use a collaboration platform
For organizations new to using collaboration platforms or new to GForge, the company is offering GForge in both software as a service (SaaS) or on-premises formats for free for up to 12 months. GForge can be installed on-premise in one minute, or users can get started instantly using the SaaS platform.
Both options provide:
- A messaging system to help facilitate online meetings
- Ways to plan, distribute and track teamwork
- Document sharing and knowledge management
- Team collaboration tools like integrated chat, notifications and email support
To support the teams that are suddenly transitioning to remote work, GForge is also offering the following on a complimentary basis:
- Ability to identify the best hosting options for an organization.
- Ability to configure GForge to conform to the processes of an organization.
- One free online training session for users.
- One free online training session for administrators.
- Weekly reviews to ensure that teams are getting the most out of GForge.
GForge is used globally by large and small organizations, and most of its features can be used by any kind of team looking to put an affordable solution in place. To contact the author of this article, email email@example.com